Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Institute: 1 word description

If I had to pick one word to describe institute it would be...

intense

I don't hate it. I don't really love it, but I appreciate it. I admire the sense of urgency, responsibility, and drive to succeed among TFA staff, my fellow CMs, our partner schools, and most importantly our students. 

All of these people have pushed me to become a better teacher--especially the students. In only 3 days of teaching I have experienced small moments of great success, a lot of moments of frustration, confidence, poise, assurance, timidness, and uncertainty. All of this with an over-arching lack of sleep.

Our days are jam-packed and I, as well as many of the other CMs, are realizing the impact our mental and physical health can have on our students and the culture of our classroom. I took the night off (well post 9:00pm) to relax and had a savory off-campus, Sonic dinner. It is the small coping strategies that are helping me maneuver through institute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment