Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Monday, July 4, 2011

Standing Outside the Fire

"They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire 
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire."

I heard this song today. One of my favorites and realized how much my experience lately matches this song. One of the best things about Institute is that we are pushed to our limits (or at least close to them). It is not easy. TFA does a really good job of helping its CMs to realize that teaching is one of the hardest jobs in the world. We are so in the fire it is not even funny. 

The difference with TFA in comparison to many education programs is that they help us get through it. We are thrown into the fire, but we are also given amazing resources and support to get through this summer and the next two years so that our students have the best possible chance of succeeding. I truly believe that students in a TFA classroom will have a better educational outcome than many of their peers...especially if they are lucky enough to have a few TFA or TFA-like teachers in their paths. 

Right now we are not there yet, we are admist the flames. We are giving everything we can give-- We are living our lives so that other students can have what we were lucky enough to be given---a great education. 

Garth Brooks is my motivation for the day (with a little HP mixed in...how could I give you the regular version when I found this gem on YouTube?)


No comments:

Post a Comment