Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Monday, July 4, 2011

DIY Dry Erase Boards

Thanks to one of my collab members, our students have awesome dry-erase boards to work on. The best part? We made a class set for under $10.

Materials:
- white poster board, cut into 8.5" x 11" sheets
- sheet protectors (don't be cheap...get the ones that are extra sturdy)
-felt
-dry erase markers (might put you over $10 if you buy good ones like EXPO or BIC)

Directions
1. cut poster board into 8.5" x 11" sheets
2. Slide in sheet protectors

- We cult pieces of felt into small pieces for erasers and then slipped an eraser and marker into each sheet protector. It makes for really easy distribution and clean-up.

The even better than best part? We can slide math and word-study worksheets into the sheet protectors and the students can have wipe off practice pages.

I am in so excited to make these for my classroom! Picture to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment