Objective for week: SWBAT spell, decode, and distinguish words with sh and ch digraphs
Materials for the week:
- M,T,W,TH,F Do now worksheets
- Picture cards and workmats for SH, CH, and “Other” word sorts
- Dry erase boards/ markers
- “Shelly’s Shell Shop” and “Chip the Chimp” from A to Z reader(7 copies)
- Crayons and pencils
- Chart paper “mad lib”
- “Writing” paper for spelling test
- “Do Now” Trace and Write SH words by the pictures
- INM: Reintroduce SH
o Brainstorm SH words
- GP: Do a picture/ word sort… Which pictures are SH words which pictures are not
- IP: Circle SH words on a work sheet
o RW 19, 20 Give “Shelly’s Shell Shop” and have them read it in pairs and when finished color SH words with a crayon
- “Do Now” Fill in the sound SH words
- INM: Reintroduce CH
o Brainstorm CH words
- GP: Do a picture/ word sort…which pictures are CH words and which are not
- IP: Circle CH words on a worksheet
o RW 19, 20 Give “Chip the Chimp” and have them read it in pairs and when finished color CH words with a crayon
- “Do Now” Write SH and CH words, underline the SH sounds and Circle the CH sounds
- INM: Review on Sh and ch while focusing on the difference between the two words.
- GP: Sort pictures between CH and SH categories
- IP: Circle the correct sound for each picture
- “Do Now” Circle SH sounds and CH sounds
- INM: Review SH and CH and do a quick word sort between the two sounds.
- GP: As a class we will write a CH/SH mad lib. I will create a frame for a story and students will volunteer words to put in our story.
- IP: Students will complete picture sentence pages
- “Do Now” Read SH and CH picture sentences from yesterday (with blanks filled in). Circle CH sounds and underline SH sounds.
- INM: Review how to spell and say our sounds with other letters.
- IP: Spelling test: ash, shop, she, chop, chin