Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Integrating subject matter isn't just an ECE thing!

Check out this article in NYT about how two scholars are integrating science and art---each using an artistic medium to explore science. I read this article and was really excited. I am already thinking of ways to incorporate art and science in my classroom in a way that includes more than just coloring!

"Ms. Miebach and Mr. McCrory may appear to be engaged in very different pursuits, but their goal is the same: to promote understanding by finding new ways of seeing the world. They’ve never met, but both are invested in the idea that better visualization leads to better thinking"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/business/science-to-art-and-vice-versa-prototype.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

No comments:

Post a Comment