Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Say What?

Today was a particularly enjoyable day with the First Grade Froggers. I found myself smiling with them all day. Here are some of my favorite moments:

- I was working with a student and his pencil fell on the floor. I reached down to get it and he said, "No! I'll get it. After all, I am a lobster." (later this same child pointed to a crab on our phonics sheet and announced to his group that it was his cousin...clearly he takes his lobster identity very seriously.)

-Two of my children were paired together in both gym class and math. I don't think they had every played together before and before lunch I overheard this conversation:
A: "Your my husband!"
M: " No, I'm not your husband until recess."
A: "Ohhhh...so then you are my husband?"

- The inevitable conversation about babies and husbands came up today (as it has at least once in every single one of my placements...)This time it somehow became a whole class conversation.
E: "Miss Prinzo doesn't have babies!"
H: "Yeah, she's not married. (looks at me) Your not married."
L: "She's not even a grown up, she can't have babies!"
E: "She is too a grown up"
T: "No, she is a student"
K: "She is a student-grown up"
...and then my mentor teacher and I took over the conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment