Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Thursday, January 27, 2011

"I'm not going to call on you"

Our students give short speeches each month for a monthly project. This month they talked about their dream job (aka What do you want to be when you grow up?). At the end of each speech the other students can ask 3 questions. One of my students was taking questions when...

L: ((blurts out question))
C: Um L, I am not going to call on you b/c you didn't raise your hand. ((calls on someone else who is raising their hand))
L: ((raises hand))
C: L, thanks for raising your hand.

The student is officially the teacher. What a good reminder that students feed off of your words and actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment