Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

This past summer I have become an avid reader of blogs. The creativity, personality, and content of the blogs amazes me. It wasn't until a classmate of mine started a blog about her student teaching experience in an urban school district that I realized the benefit a blog could have in my life/my own student teaching experience (the two are synonymous right now!). I hope to use my blog to reflect, share, organize and re-conceptualize my views as a (future) educator.

Right now I am hoping to categorize my posts into the following areas:
1. Daily experiences--general reflections on my day/week
2. Kid's Say the Darndest Things, Miss Prinzo edition---these posts will be the fun stuff, the 'what the hell did he/she just say' moments of the day that I have been promising my mom I would write down.
3. Education in the News--I try to read national and local (Cincy and Akron) education related news every day. When I find something interesting I will try to post them. Sometimes I want to comment and other times just share or remember.
4. Activities and Ideas-- In the words of my supervisor, "beg, borrow, steal". This section will help me organize activities and suggestions that I hope to use in my own classroom. I keep notebook paper in my practicum binder for this purpose during the day and will transfer those ideas to here and add in ideas found in other places.
5.  Links, etc.--this section will be for links of interest

I have a huge list of things I am ready to blog about (it is amazing how much has already happen in the past three weeks!). The posts will come VERY frequently for the next few days, and my goal is to update at least three times a week throughout my student teaching experience.

Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment