Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dinosaur Bones

Sometimes when we are transitioning or waiting for X and Y groups to come back together, I will talk with the children about their days, and usually about recess. The other day the children were sharing about what they did outside. One child went on and on about how he and some of the other children in the class were digging for dinosaur bones.

"Yeah, we were digging and found dinosaur bones! They were so cool. We found a T-Rex bone AND dinosaur feathers...we wanted to keep digging, but we had to go inside."

Me: "Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fun outside. Isn't it fun to use our imagination"

3 or 4 students at once: "We weren't using our imagination! THEY WERE REAL!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment