Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Turkey Vultures?

Today we began our Social Studies unit on Community Helpers. We did a quick introductory activity and then brainstormed all of the community helpers we could think of on the board. Most of the answers were fairly expected...doctors, police officers, figherfighters... one child's however:

"Turkey Vultures  because they take all of the dead stuff of the street after cars hit it."

p.s when I got home today I had to google "Turkey Vultures"...they actually are a type of vulture. Points to my first grader for knowing that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment