Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Thursday, November 4, 2010

Revere's Levy Goes Down

I would have given anything to still bea registered voter in Bath, Ohio this week so I could vote in favor of Revere's levy. It makes me sick that the levy was turned down. The Revere Local School District has not been irresponsible with tax payer's money what so ever. They have stretched a 5-year operating levy over 9+ years. There is only so much they can do before the cuts to the budget start effecting the quality of education students receive. When I went to Revere, I knew that we might not have a lot of school spirit, but our community still cared about the education of its children. We expect the best, but this vote showed, that we aren't ready to sacrifice for it.

Election defeat: http://www.ohio.com/news/106582788.html

Pre-election scrutiny: http://www.ohio.com/news/education/105619938.html

Revere Board of Edu responds to questions about levy: http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/10/summit_county_revere_school_le.html

My mom tonight told me that she is "so thankful you are out of there." I have always believed in public education, mainly because of the Revere Local School District. A parent should not have to be grateful that her child is out of school. I know the system needs fixed, I doubt our political figures have the miracle solution they have campaigned on, but I hope the Revere community has the sense to do what they can when the Levy is placed back on the ballot again

No comments:

Post a Comment