Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Professional Mission Statement

In our Stories of Teaching class we were given the task of writing our professional mission statements. I went into the assignment thinking it would be something I never looked at our touched again, but after writing it I feel differently. My mission statement, which I am sure will change and evolve over time, puts words to so many of the beliefs and ideals I hold as a student and an educator. So here it is. Comments and suggestions are much appreciated!


This classroom brings students, teachers, families and community members together through a shared responsibility for one another’s growth and development. Students are welcomed into a safe, inclusive and engaging environment in which they will be encouraged to collaborate, ask questions, and think critically. Children will be met at their unique developmental levels and challenged to take risks, learn from their mistakes, and take pride in their achievements. As students learn to analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and apply content knowledge I hope to empower them to become life-long learners who are ethical, compassionate, and independent members of society.  

No comments:

Post a Comment