Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Friday, April 5, 2013

Overheard in the Hallway

This past year I switched from teaching 1st grade to teaching 3rd grade. About 90% of the time I love the switch, but every once in a while I miss the really little ones. Fortunately I am still in the building with them and I get treated to little moments like this...

Two kindergartners were walking back to their classroom from the library. The little girl was quite a few feet ahead of the boy. She stops, looks at him, and says, "Come on, we need to go."

The boy looks at her and says, "Hold on. I just need a little bit of time. I just need a little bit of time with my dragon. I just need to be with my dragon."

You have to respect a man who knows what he needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment