Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I use my blog as a way to reflect, share, organize, and re-conceptualize my views as an educator. Enjoy and feel free to comment, post, disagree, and share your opinion. The more perspectives, the better!


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jumping up and down, stomping feet in frustration!

Doesn't this sound like the temper tantrum of the century? Welcome to my Friday. We were in our 3rd test of the day and my students would NOT be quiet. I narrated. I reminded. I changed stars. I turned of the lights. I rang my bell. I stood on my chair.I counted. Nothing was working.

So what did I do?

Went to the back of my classroom and jumped up and down as hard as I could so I would not "go off" on them. It surprisingly worked. My classroom was still not silent, but my frustration was back to a normal level. Sometimes even the teacher needs a break.

This teacher definitely needed a break. She also needs a more effective management system.

I have some tricks up my sleeve for Monday so we will see what happens. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment